CONFERENCE DAY ONE
8:00 am - 8:50 am REGISTRATION & MORNING NETWORKING
While registering for the Main Summit Day 1, enjoy your morning cup of coffee, light
snacks and lively peer-to-peer conversation.
8:50 am - 9:00 am CHAIRPERSON'S OPENING REMARKS
9:00 am - 9:45 am PROTECTING CRITICAL NUCLEAR SUBMARINE BASES THROUGH INNOVATIVE C-UAS SOLUTIONSJames Truhett - Branch Head, Nuclear Weapons Safety, Security, Compliance, and Incident Response, US NAVY
James TruhettBranch Head
Nuclear Weapons Safety, Security, Compliance, and Incident Response, US NAVY
9:45 am - 10:30 am Countering the Threat of sUASAngela H. Stubblefield - Deputy Associate Administrator Security and Hazardous Materials Safety office, FAA
Angela H. StubblefieldDeputy Associate Administrator Security and Hazardous Materials Safety office
10:30 am - 11:00 am NETWORKING BREAK AND DEMO DRIVE
Your time is valuable so we have streamlined the process identifying new technologies that will take your organization to the next level. During this break, attendees will meet our select
industry partners in 5-7 minute intervals. You never know, you may find an industry partner solution you never knew you needed!
11:00 am - 11:45 am START WITH THE ENDGAME FIRSTMike Stokes - President, Observation Without Limits, LLC
• Envisioning how to respond to threats before selecting counter-UAS capabilities
• Analyzing costs and consequences of counter-UAS options
• Addressing counter-UAS complexities with event-based layered architecture and proven integrated technologies
Observation Without Limits, LLC
11:45 am - 12:30 pm DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY’S STRATEGY AND POLICIES FOR UTILIZING COUNTER UAS SOLUTIONSScott Mathews - Senior Advisor, Intelligence, Department of Homeland Security
• DHS C-UAS powers under Preventing Emerging Threats Act of 2018
• C-UAS rules of engagement on the field
• Establishing a legal framework for potential legal challenges
Scott MathewsSenior Advisor, Intelligence
Department of Homeland Security
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch
All the morning hustle and bustle has probably made for a much needed lunch break! Join us for lunch and make new
friends at your table
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Test & Evaluation Criteria that Address the Field of Rapidly Emerging Counter-UAS TechnologiesLeonard Ligon - Director, UAS Traffic Management, WhiteFox Defense Technologies, Inc.
- Safe & practical ways to address the Counter-UAS problem for soldiers at the front lines.
-Clearly defined metrics, measures and standards are simply not possible without a T&E foundation on which to lay those first “stones”
- Presenting T&E criteria for assessing and evaluating rapidly growing pool of emerging C-UAS technologies
UAS Traffic Management, WhiteFox Defense Technologies, Inc.
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm NETWORKING BREAK
Take a moment to recharge form the afternoon sessions!
3:15 pm - 4:00 pm BREAKING DOWN THE FIELD ASSESSMENTS: TESTING THE CAPABILITIES OF CURRENT AND FUTURE COUNTER UAS SYSTEMSMajor Mikita Brown - Branch Chief for Technical Support & Senior Air Battle Manager, Joint Deployable Analysis Team, The Joint Staff
• Testing the latest hard-kill C-UAS solutions
• Collect and Analyze data
• Make recommendations for solutions and fixes, including Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
Major Mikita BrownBranch Chief for Technical Support & Senior Air Battle Manager
Joint Deployable Analysis Team, The Joint Staff
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm UPDATES ON RUSSIAN CUAS CAPABILITIES AND THEIR RISING SUAS CAPABILITIESSamuel Bendett - Research Analyst, Russia Studies Program, CNA
• Russian CUAS technology developments .
• Russian military’s experience in Syria countering sUAS
• Russian forces have been practicing an ever-increasing range of CONOPS and TTPs involving small drones
Samuel BendettResearch Analyst
Russia Studies Program, CNA
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm CHAIRPERSON'S CLOSING REMARKS
5:00 pm - 5:00 pm POST CONFERENCE NETWORKING
Continue the conversation by getting together with new and old friends after the conference over refreshing libations.